Are we there yet? As in will, the house remodel ever be done!? Probably not. HA! HA! I will just keep having new ideas. But let’s recap where we started and where we are now.
When we first moved into our house about three years ago, it hadn’t been updated since it was built in 1974…HELLO lime green everything and dark panel walls! But we fell in love with the layout and despite the house being outdated it was VERY well cared for! We knew we were going to love living there. So we got ready to start the remodel process after we moved in.
What Remodel Projects Have We Accomplished So Far:
- All the walls and ceilings in the main living area got repainted
- Painted the kitchen counter tops (see more here)
- Painted the kitchen cabinets (here)
- Replaced the floors in the bedrooms, living room, kitchen, and dining room (here)
- Added shiplap to the entry way and fireplace room (see more here)
- Added a mantel to the fireplace (see more here)
- Decorated Little MKs bedroom (blog post coming soon!)
- New trim and interior doors (blog post coming soon!)
What Remodel Updates do You Have to Look Forward to:
- Painting the exterior brick with Romabio Paint
- New garage door
- Installation of an exterior door
- New windows
- Redoing the garage floor, walls, and lighting
- Upgrading the interior with recessed lighting
- Remodeled half-bath/laundry room
- AND a pantry addition — WOOHOO for me!!!
Whew! We are going to be tired! But I hope to give you all updates along the way both via the blog and Instagram! Make sure you are following us @athomewithMK